Creating a remarketing tracker
This section explains the steps for creating a tracker for a remarketing campaign.
- Step 1. Prepare your app
- Step 2. Fill in the campaign details
- Step 3. Configure the destination link
- Step 4. (Optional) Configure attribution
- Step 5. (Optional) Configure postbacks
- Step 5. Save changes and test the tracker
- Step 8. Use the created tracking link and re-engagement deeplink
Step 1. Prepare your app
Before starting a remarketing campaign, prepare your app:
- Add deeplink support to your application.
Step 2. Fill in the campaign details
In the AppMetrica interface, go to Trackers.
- In the top-left corner, click Create a tracker.
- In block The description of the campaign enable this option This is a remarketing tracker and fill in the fields:
- Tracker name — A name for the tracker. The tracker will be shown in the Trackers list with the specified name.
- Application — The application the tracker is being created for.
- Partner — The media source to attribute clicks, installs, and conversions to. If the media source isn't in the list, you can add it. After being added, the new source will be saved in the list.Note. Once the tracker has been created, you can't change the media source in the settings.
Step 3. Configure the destination link
Fill in the fields in the Destination link settings section:
- Platform — The target platform: Android and iOS.
- Destination URL — A link that leads to the app store or a page where the user can install the app.
Step 4. (Optional) Configure attribution
Attribution correctly detects the source that attracted users to your app and accurately correlates an app install with a click on an ad.
For more information about attribution methods, see AppMetrica tracking