Configuring a Windows application to send push notifications
Step 1. Register your app in the dashboard
- In the Windows Dev Center, go to .
- Click App name. Then enter the name of your app and click Reserve name. The name must be unique.
Step 2. Get the identity for your app
- Go to the Dashboard and choose the app.
- Go to the Services section. Under Push notifications, click Get started.
Under Windows Push Notification Services (WNS) and Microsft Azure Mobile Apps, click the Live Services site link. In the menu on the left, choose App identity.
Note the Application Secrets and Package SID fields. You will need these values for configuring AppMetrica.
If you use Windows Push Notification Services, these values are also necessary for associating your project with the store in the dashboard. Add these values to your project manifest in one of the following ways:
Automatically in Visual Studio.
Manually in the manifest code.
Step 3. Configure AppMetrica
- In the AppMetrica interface, go to the Applications section and select the app that you want to run push campaigns for.
- In the menu on the left, select Settings.
- Go to the Push notifications tab.
- Under Windows, enter the values of Application Secrets and Package SID that you copied from the Windows Dev Center interface in the Client secret and Security ID fields. Changes are saved automatically.