Crashes and errors
The report displays information about crashes and errors.
You can use the report to determine which crashes and errors occur most often. This information helps prioritize fixes.
You can select specific users for the report using segmentation.
The report is formed for a specific time period. The default period is one week.
To set the report period, use the drop-down element . The selected time interval can be grouped by hours, days, weeks, or months.
The data in the report can be grouped by:
- Crash or error group For more information, see Crashes and errors.
- App version
- OS version
The following metrics are available for analysis:
- Crashes/Errors — The number of crashes or errors.
- Devices — The number of devices that registered a crash or error at least once during the selected reporting period.
- % of all devices — The percentage of devices that registered the crash or error out of the total number of devices running the app during the selected time period.
- Detected in version — The app version where the crash or error was registered for the first time.
- Last reproduction — The app version where the crash or error was last registered.
From the Lists of crashes page, you can go to the page with information about a crash group. To do this, click the name of the crash group.
Crash and error symbolication
If no mapping or dSYM file was uploaded when building the app, the list of groups displays a warning about unsymbolicated crashes.
To symbolicate them, upload the missing dSYM files. You can view the list of missing files on the page of your app in AppMetrica.
Viewing the crash log and error log
- On the Crash logs and errors page, click on the name of the crash group.
- In the table, click Open crash log/Open error log.
The log shows information about the device and crash or error.
To view the events that preceded the crash or error, go from the log to a profile card. To do this, click View session events.
Adding a comment
If necessary, you can leave comments on the crash or error. This can be useful if the report is viewed by multiple developers. For example, you can include a link to an issue in Yandex.Tracker in a comment.
To add a comment, open the appropriate group and enter your text in the Comment field.
Closing a crash or error
You can close fixed crashes and errors to filter them out of the report. If a closed crash is detected in versions where it wasn't previously detected, the crash is re-opened.
To close a crash or error, open the appropriate group. In the upper-right corner of the Crash group status/Error group status block, set Closed mode.
You can export the crash log description to a TXT file. To do this, open the appropriate crash group and click.